Sunday School has been the basic building block of a Disciple’s journey deeper into faith in Jesus Christ. Believers meet together to read God’s Word, discuss how to live as Disciples, and to encourage one another in the faith.
NURSERY Ministries. (Nursery Room) We have a fully staffed and furnished Nursery Program with trained Attendants to provide a safe and secure environment for your child. The Nursery Ministry consists of separate infant and toddler classrooms, and is available for all church events. Please let our staff know if you would like to arrange childcare for any ministry opportunity.
Children’s Sunday School (2nd Floor, Room 204). Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train children in the right way, and when old they will not stray.” The goal of St. Luke’s Children’s Ministries is to train and prepare children for the purpose God created them: teaching God’s Word and providing children the opportunity to use and develop their spiritual gifts.
Youth Sunday School (2nd Floor, Youth Room) seeks to learn God’s Word and strengthen our personal relationships with Jesus Christ. Using the 4F’s (Faith, Fellowship, Food, and Fun!), Youth learn the tools to be able to stand firm through the storms of life and remain faithful to God in Jesus Christ.
The Triangle Class (Room 109) Is currently examining a study on Jesus and his fulfillment of the prophecies as described throughout the Hebrew (Old) Testament. Utilizing Timothy C. Tennent’s book, “The FulFillment: Jesus and the Old Testament,” (Seedbed Press, 2015) the class is learning about how Jesus is the only Messiah, and our deliverance from sin and death.
The Genesis Class (Moore Hall) The Genesis Sunday School class is a group of loving, supportive adults who are currently studying the Bible in chronological order. Our study time is interspersed with insightful conversations, light-hearted humor and moments of awe as we discover how exceptionally relevant all those old stories are to our lives today. We joyfully welcome anyone who would like to be part of our family.
Short-term Adult Bible Studies begin periodically throughout the year. These include, but are not limited to:
- PASTOR’S ONLINE BIBLE STUDY – an informal study that usually lasts from 4 to 10 weeks, meets on Tuesday Evenings from noon to 7:30 p.m. via the Zoom.com platform. Participants will need to register for the class in order to receive the login instructions via email. Bring a Bible and enjoy being fed from God’s Word with other believers!
- VIDEO SERIES STUDIES – are offered in person in Moore Fellowship Hall on Thursday Evenings. Series such as the popular “THE CHOSEN” series are a favorite. A meal is usually offered free of charge, as well as fresh popcorn and other snacks. Watch the MESSENGER Newsletter and Church Bulletins for upcoming video series dates and times. Oh, and don’t be afraid to Bring a friend or twelve!
Long-Term Bible Studies begin usually in late summer (August) and meet weekly for 28 -34 weeks, depending on the course offered. These include, but are not limited to:
- Disciple Bible Study Series – 32-34 weeks. Four separate, in-depth studies of the Bible, offered each year for four years for a well-rounded experience of Holy Scripture.
- Jesus and the Gospels – 32 weeks. An examination of the person of Jesus Christ as presented in the four gospels.
- Christian Believer – 30 weeks. Examines the historic doctrines of the Christian Faith across the centuries through today. Scripture, hymns, and writings from the early Church leaders are the primary texts.
- Companions in Christ – 28 weeks. Explores the various spiritual disciplines of growing in grace and faith.
If you have any questions about these Sunday School Classes or Bible Study courses, please don’t hesitate to contact us!